Could you or a senior you know in Portage la Prairie use some help around the house? Herman Prior Activity Centre is working on getting a list of screened, reliable service providers.
- snow shovelling
- home maintenance such as painting, roofing, odd jobs
- yard maintenance such as grass cutting and tree care or removal
- housekeeping including laundry, cleaning and meal preparation
- help downsizing and/or moving
- dog walking
The way it works
- When seniors contact the organization that coordinates the program in their area of the city they are given referrals to a number of service providers.
- Seniors contact the service provider and discuss the work they need done and the costs. The senior then selects a service provider that fits their needs.
- Seniors are not charged for the referral but will pay a fee to the service provider for completing the work.
Business and Independent Contractors
If you are a business or an independent contractor who provides snow removal, yard work, housekeeping, minor home repair, or any service that can help a senior stay in their home longer, we encourage you to register with our program.
Need more info or would like a referral?
Please call us at(204) 857-6951
*** If you have hired someone who has provided excellent service, please give us their name and number so we can interview them for our registry ***