Join Our Team
Volunteers are at the of our Tool Library. They dedicate their time, share their skills, and work directly with the Portage la Prairie community. We are excited about the tool library and hope you will choose us as a way to spend some of your time!
We strive to find the right fit for our volunteers. There are a number of ways to be involved with the Herman Prior Tool Library and we hope you find the one that allows you to explore your interests, share your talents, and ultimately elevate our cause.
Below is a list of the types of volunteers it takes to see our project become a reality!
- Tool Librarian
- Our Librarians interact with members: lending tools, managing memberships, selling merchandise. They also foster the sense of community at the HPTL, explaining the library to visitors, sharing upcoming events, and building relationships with members. Shifts are 2-4 hours, once (or more) per month during Tool Library hours.
- Tool Ninja
- Sometimes, learning from YouTube videos and blog posts isn’t enough! Our Tool Ninjas have sufficient general expertise to offer advice regarding the best methods and tools for most home reno and personal DIY projects. They ensure that members leave with not only the right tools, but the knowledge and protective gear to make sure they can do it safely. Shifts are 2-4 hours, once (or more) per month during Tool Library hours. This role requires significant expertise.
- Social Media
- Our social media team is responsible for content creation, managing online interactions, and promoting the HPTL and our activities. They excite and engage our audience (members, supporters and others) on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and often self-express in hashtags or emojis. This is a totally variable time commitment, and much can be done from home; it’s also great for getting volunteer hours for school.
- Event Volunteer
- We, regularly host community events for members or the public, and often need extra hands to help with logistics and support before/during/after the event. This can include postering and promotion, event setup, greeting and registration, food prep and service, teardown, and other functions. Always a party, this is a great way to meet other enthusiastic HPTL volunteers, and also great for getting volunteer hours for school.
* indicates required
- Email Address *_____________________________________________
First Name ______________
Last Name _____________
How would you like to help? _____________________________________________________________
_____ Event Volunteer
_____ Tool Ninja
_____ Tool Librarian
_____ Social Media
Have questions? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org contact us.